Progressive Die Stamping of a Steel Mounting Bracket for the Lighting Industry
At Progressive Die & Stamping, Inc, we provide custom die stamping of components other stamping shops are hesitant to provide due to their high complexities. This butterfly mounting bracket is part of an assembly kit used in the lighting industry. The bracket is made of 0.025" spring tempered steel. Spring tempered steel is an ideal material for brackets because it is strong and retains its form through the force of installation. However, these properties also make it a very difficult material to stamp and form. If spring steel is annealed prior to stamping and later re-heat treated, the part often becomes distorted and does not meet dimensional specifications.
Through our experience and ability to create high quality tooling, we were able to produce this bracket while maintaining dimensional tolerances as tight as ±0.005". The overall dimensions of the bracket are 1.810" x 1.750". We produce 500,000 of these brackets annually. Stock is maintained on this part, and inventory is released to the customer as needed. For more information about this custom die stamping project, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Highlights of this Custom Die Stamping Project
- Product Description
- This is a spring temper stamping that is used along with other stampings in an assembly packet that allow the fixtures to be moved into position that is needed.
- Die Stamping Capabilities Applied/Processes
Progressive Die Stamping
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- STAMTEC 165 Ton Gap Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Part Width: 1.810"
Part Height: 1.750"
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.005"
- Material Used
- Material Thickness: 0.025" minimum
- Material Finish
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Steel Processing
- 500, 000 annually
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- Parts are in inventory and released as needed
- Delivery Location
- Tupelo Ms. United States Camargo Chihuahua Mexico
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Butterfly Mounting Bracket
Back to top